Aluminum is one of the best materials to be used for outdoor patio furniture. Aluminum patio furniture is a high impact addition to any outdoor space. Yet, just like all outdoor furniture, aluminum patio furniture is constantly exposed to the elements and the sun. With the spring approaching, you should do your best to revive your aluminum patio furniture so you can enjoy it this upcoming season. Here are some tips that will help you extend the life and beauty of aluminum patio furniture:
- Aluminum patio furniture should be cleaned on a regular basis with a solution of dish soap and water. It only takes a few minutes, but if performed regularly this type of general cleaning will maintain your aluminum furniture for years on end.
- Prior to cleaning your aluminum patio furniture, you need to remove the larger pieces of debris and dirt. You can use the typical garden hose for this job setting it to a spraying setting. Too much pressure may damage the aluminum.
- Scuff marks are the most obvious signs that the elements have a powerful action on outdoor furniture. What you should do is use a non abrasive cleaner (that is specifically made for powder-coated products) to remove the scuff marks. Try to carefully remove scuff marks without deteriorating the finish of the aluminum patio furniture.
- To get your furniture looking brand new, you can choose to polish it with a water and vinegar mixture. Not only will your furniture look amazing, but it will also keep rust from building up.
- Rinse your aluminum patio furniture thoroughly after cleaning to remove all soap residues from the frame. You can use a hose to make the job easier. Air drying is the best method to dry out your patio furniture.
- For a shiny look, use Tremclad Clear to protect your aluminum patio furniture. This is a relatively inexpensive solution and works miracles.
- Remember not to use alkaline cleaning products on outdoor aluminum furniture as it may cause discoloration to bare aluminum. Choose non alkaline soft cleaners such as Patio Furniture Protectant Spray.
- Aluminum is a soft material that can be easily scratched with steel wool or scouring powder, which are abrasive cleaning solutions. Avoid using these types of cleaning products during your spring cleaning.
- Keep your aluminum patio furniture looking great by purchasing patio furniture covers. You won’t have to clean as often!
The best protection for aluminum patio furniture is regular cleaning. The experts at Cabana Coast can answer any questions you might have about maintaining your patio furniture to keep it looking its best. Contact us today for more information.